Holiday Detectors & Allied Instruments
Minimum Order Quantity: 1 Set
|Brand||Made in India|
|Model Name/Number||Holiday detector DC15KV & DC35KV|
|Type||Industrial & Pipeline|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
Holiday Detector is an instrument used to detect holes in anti-corrosive coating (electrically insulated) on metallic pipes or surfaces. This test is carried before the pipes are laid underground.
The pipe is connected to earth (nominal) and an electrode, charged to high tension, is moved over the coating. At the place of a hole, arcing takes place and the instrument gives alarm.
The instrument consists of an electronic oscillator to convert small DC Voltage (12 V) to AC. A high voltage rectifier to give high tension DC output.
Holiday Detector is a fully solid state device and has no moving part except the indicator pointer (Digital readout on special demand can be supplied).
variable (available ranges)
1 kV to 5 kV
2 kV to 10 kV
3 kv to 15 KV
7 kV to 20 kV
7 kV to 25 kV
08 kV to 30 kV
10 kV to 35 kV
Visual and Audible
a) Battery Reverse Polarity
b) Input Fuse
100 micro-amps moving coil meter.
Size H x W x D
180 X 280 X 120 mm. approx.
2.5 Kg with Batteries
* Pushing PVC Rod with conducting
Phosphor Bronze brush & EHT cable
* Battery Charger (12 VDC/ 300mA)
* External Battery set 12 V/ 10 AH
* M.S. Spring electrodes for rolling over the pipes
* Battery eliminator for 230 VAC operation
Recommended Voltages For Holiday Test
Thickness of Coating System
- Item Code: Holiday
- Production Capacity: as per your requirement
- Delivery Time: 2 weeks or earlier
- Packaging Details: * Pushing PVC Rod with conducting Phosphor Bronze brush & EHT cable * Battery Charger (12 VDC/ 300mA) constant current Optional Accessories Spring Electrodes Wire mesh Brushes
Pin Hole Detector (9V/67.5V/90V) Wet Sponge
Minimum Order Quantity: 1 Piece
|Battery Life||4 hrs|
|Sensitivity||300 to 500 microns|
|Thickness Range||300 to 500 Microns|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
We have bring forth an optimum quality range of Pin Hole Detectors. Ideal for identification of premature corrosion of a substrate, these devices are low in maintenance and offer accurate results. More details are mentioned below:
- The Instrument generates 90 V DC.
- Negative end of this supply is connected to substrate.
- Positive is connected to the moistened sponge brush.
- When the sponge is moved over a pin hole, solution penetrates the flaw and feeble electric current flows to the substrate and completes the electrical circuit.
- This generates Audible and Visual Alarm.
- Test voltage 90 Volts is generated using Inverter circuit.
- The circuit operates on rechargeable stack of cells.
Testing the Instrument (For 90v Only).
- It is necessary to confirm that the Pin hole Detector is functioning properly
- To test 90 Volts operation, switch ON the instrument by using slide switch
- This results in some reading on digital display
- Set 90.0 volts on display by using Select Voltage push button
Now instrument is ready for 90 V operation. (Same procedure is to be followed for 67.5V & 9 V)
- Plug in Sponge Brush to BRUSH TERMINAL
- Using green wire connect Earth Terminal to substrate
- Move soap-solution soaked Sponge Brush on the coated surface
- When the brush encounters a pin hole in the coating instrument gives both Audible and Visual (Red LED) alarm
- This point is marked for repairs
Glowing green LED on instrument indicates that battery inside the instrument needs charging.
Testing The Job:
Connect the Moist Sponge Brush to the receptacle on top side of the instrument.
Connect the cable for return current path to terminal marked as PIPE.
Clip the Crocodile to substrate (generally bare pipe.)
Set the Test voltage as described above
Now move the brush over the coated surface
Mark the area where alarm starts, if any
Charging The Battery:
The Charger is connected through jack to the instrument.
Insert charging cord to charging socket on the instrument.
Connect the charger to 230V AC supply.
Switch on the mains supply of charger. The charging is indicated by RED LED.
The Battery should be charged every night
Even when the instrument is not in use, the internal Battery should be charged at least once a week
After complete discharge of the battery, it needs to be charged for at least 8 hours for Full Charge of the battery
- Pay Mode Terms: T/T (Bank Transfer)
- Packaging Details: Pin Hole Detector 3-in-1